Staff Picks Wine Case
This case features 12 bottles of our current favorite wines and includes advice on food pairings and tasting notes for each. It makes a great gift for the wine lover who enjoys trying new things, or is the perfect way to restock your wine rack!
1. Trecase Prosecco: Made by an all-women team, this deliciously fizzy wine is marked by flavors of pear skin, melon, and citrus rind. A long and persistent finish makes this wine super thirst-quenching and easy to drink. Perfect for sipping at holiday brunch and anytime of day!
2. Le Vigne di Alice Tajad Pet Nat: Let's call this one an old time Prosecco! An organic wine made to remember its roots up in Northern Italy. A delicious, funky way to start any meal.
3. Illahe Tempranillo Rosé: One of our favorite rosés of 2020! Made from organic Tempranillo grown in Oregon. Yes, Oregon. Fresh aromas of Lemon zest, spruce tip, rhubarb, and fleshy watermelon rind. A fresh, bright, and crisp harmonious pallet rounds into juicy honeydew melon and Oregon strawberry finish. Pair with sunshine.
4. Adele Chardonnay: Adele is the winemaker's mothers name. Super small production wine that overdelivers for its price point. This Chardonnay does see some oak, but is very well balanced.
5. Storm Point Chenin Blanc: Super fun and fresh organic white from South Africa. Zesty with notes of nectarine and sea salt.
6. Christian Lauverjat Loire Sauvignon Blanc: Mother, Father and son trio making outstanding wines in the Loire Valley. This one is the son’s Sauvignon Blanc. We like to call this one the poor man’s Sancerre because it drinks just like a Sancerre, full of acidity and mineral notes, but at half the price.
7. Folly of the Beast Pinot Noir: Folly of the Beast is proof that a little madness pays off. Aged in 30% new French oak for 12 months to enhance notes of sweet spice, this round Pinot pairs nicely with pork, pizza and cheeses.
8. Four Vines The Biker Zinfandel: Big, bold and jammy with a touch of spice. Everything you want from a California Zinfandel.
9. Broadside Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon: Juicier style Cab due to the warmer climate in Paso Robles. Tons of dark fruits layered with oak.
10. Broc Cellars Love Red: Step out of your comfort zone with this natural red made from one of the standout producers in the new wave of California winemakers. All wines are naturally fermented and all grapes are farmed without synthetic herbicides, pesticides, or fertilizers. Light and juicy in style and better served with a slight chill.
11. Chateau Leoube Cotes de Provence Rouge: This is a beautiful spicy, fruity red wine with notes of blackberry, pepper and cinnamon – all characters typically found in Syrah, the grape variety that dominates the blend. This wine hails from an organic family farm deep in the South of France.
12. Salchetto Chianti Biskero: There should be a synergy between the earth and all growing things, man included. At Salcheto they try to respect this relationship on a daily basis. This chianti bursts with juicy black fruit notes matched with earthy characteristics. Enjoy with homemade pizza and bread!